This is true that many have been hooked on the sky watching for the life viewing the wonders of the night sky through their first scope. This is also true and can be seen and some of the people have excitement and enthusiasm at the start of their astronomy but soon they get bored because they don’t know how to use it.
Telescope has different parts and each part has a different function. If you talk about them and see them carefully, you’ll see they work with synchronization. They work together to perform a common function like a powerfulobserving system.
There are three main parts of the telescope if you observe them properly. The first one is the refractor, the second one is the reflector, and the third one is the catadioptric. If you are thinking to buy a telescope or you get it from your loved ones, you first need to know about how to use a telescope?
There are multiple ways to use the telescope, which you’ll see here.
Getting a Telescope:
This is the first way you will going to use your telescope. The first step is to select your telescope. This is very important to know about your choice to get your best and favorite one.
1. Consider the type of your telescope:
Different types of telescopes are present. The best thing is that they have different functions according to their parts. But they work together to perform the same function. There are three types of telescopes reflector, refractor, and catadioptric.
- If you talk about the catadioptric telescope, it is a kind of compound telescope. It has combined both lenses and mirrors. If you talk about their photographic abilities, they have excellent abilities to take pictures. Moreover, it is easy to carry than the other reflector telescopes. This one tends to be more versatile, but they do tend to be more expensive than the other types.
- The next type is the refractor telescope. This is a thin but long telescope that has objective lenses at the front. The function of these lenses is to collect light and focus the light. This has the greatest function to see the moon and other planets. This makes pictures more clear, crisp, and clear. It has excellent traveling capacity. You can take it anywhere with ease. Moreover, it doesn’t need much maintenance. But keep in mind, it is quite hard to see the faint objects in the galaxies and nebulae with this kind of telescope.
- This is a reflector type of telescope. This is a kind of telescope that employs large concave mirrors. This does not contain the lenses because this helps to accumulate and focus the light. This is the best telescope that is used by the beginner. Moreover, this is pretty and good visibility. There is something that you just need to know, that is the water can create condenses on the optics of the telescope, therefore it may be cause little irritation for you. Moreover, you cannot see the terrestrial objects clearly with it.
Also Read : 5 Best Spyglass Telescope
2. Consider the object you want to see:
The next step is to see the object you want to see as the moon, star, or plants. This may be the objects which need greater power and light to see. Make sure to select the telescope which has good contrast and sharp resolution.
If you want to see these objects and to see them clearly, then use the reflector and refractor telescope because this will help you to see the proper and clearly. You need to keep in account these points that if you want to want to see the galaxies and nebulae then you have to select the telescope which has a greater aperture to collect a better amount of light. The big reflector telescope is the best if you use this.
3. Consider where you live:
This is important to know your position on the earth because this will help you to select the place and the level of power you need to see the object. There are two conditions if you live in an area where light pollution is better or worse.
- If you are in an area where there is rain, you need to careful to know the power of light there.
- Second point is to consider for example, if you want to see the bird with your telescope. This would be best for you to choose the telescope which can be helpful for you to see in the terrestrial area. Make sure not to select the reflector telescope because this is not good to see in terrestrial objects.
- If you are planning to see the objects at a place where there are dews and perspiration frequently, or if you want to use your telescope at night, this option will be to select the refractor and catadioptric telescope. This seems the best option for such tasks.
Read Also: Gskyer Telescope Reviews & Buying Guide 2021
4. Consider the power capabilities of the telescope:
Many people consider that if a telescope has a higher resolution, it must have a better and automatic increase in the light and power and automatically better power view of the objects. But this does not seem correct. High power simply dilutes the brightness of the image and amplifies any blurriness.
- If you see the telescopes, their maximum power of resolution and magnification is maximum 50-power per inch. This depends upon the aperture of the telescope. You have to look if the aperture has a 6-inch reflector, this is better to use. 300-power is as high as you should go for a 3-inch reflector it would be about 150-power.
- Even if you’re using a Barlow lens, magnifying it too far will only result in a blurred image. The telescope’s image can only be blown up to a certain point.
- A little lesson about power:
If you are a beginner then you need to know that when you use the Barlow lens, this works to increase the size of the photograph. The large image may create a negative effect which creates a fuzz to look at the bigger but messy picture.
So, if you have purchased a 3-inch telescope — even if it is blessed with perfect optics — the claim of 500-power is more than three times the limit of the most practical magnification that it can provide.
If you are a beginner and you have purchased a new telescope you need to know that this would be good if your instrument has lower magnification and power of the object. If your object has less power of magnification then it will be easy for you to handle it with greater ease and convenience. If your telescope mount or tripod is a bit shaky, at least low powers will not magnify “the shakes” as much.
Understanding Your Telescope:
This crucial to know about your telescope because this will help you to use it better. When you will know about your telescope you will better understand to see the objects in a clear and improved way.
1. Learn the finderscope:
This is the part of the telescope which has excellent use. This is attached to the side of the telescope. This has greater use to see the see and display more than the telescope itself. For example, a 50 power telescope covers an area about as small as the fingernail on your little finger, whereas an 8x finderscope covers an area about the size of a golf ball.
2. Learn the tripod:
This is important to know about the tripod of your telescope. You need to know that there are three legs to your telescope. You’ll need to make sure that the three legs of your telescope are properly balanced otherwise the telescope can fall over and become damaged. When you’re scouting out locations, always look for areas that have a flat, level area for your telescope.
3. Learn the base:
If you research the telescope it comes into two types the one is the equatorial and the second one is the altazimuth. You’ll need to know which kind of telescope you have so you can learn how to operate your telescope.
Altazimuth mount is easy to use because it will help to operate it. You can easily hold it, it will help you to move it easily up and down easily. This is an easier telescope for beginners. Moreover, it is simpler than the equatorial telescope.
It takes more time to get accustomed to the equatorial mount each time you want to look at a different star or planet you have to unlock the axis and take aim at the heavenly body using the finderscope and lock it once you have the general location. From there you will use the slow-motion cable controls or panhandle controls to make the smaller movements. The equatorial mount is generally considered to be more helpful.
How much greater is the light-collecting area of a 6-meter telescope than a 3-meter telescope?
Multiple telescopes are present in the house or professionally use, they have mirrors and have apertures of 10 meters. These are the telescopes that cost millions of billions of dollars. Other similar telescopes are also present. These are the two varieties, one is the six-meter telescope and the other one is the three-meter telescope. These are easily accessible for use.
Now let’s find out the answer to your question. The simple answer to the question is the six-meter telescope has four times the greater light-collecting area than the three-meter telescope.
How does the light-collecting area of an 8-meter telescope compare to that of a 2-meter telescope?
There are some other telescopes which have an 8-meter area of light collection. This is happening because when the telescope has an 8-meter light collecting capacity then it means it is 16 times greater than the light-collecting area of the 2-meter telescope.
How to Use a Celestron Telescope:
Celestron telescopes are the one who has a design that easily is used by both the professional and beginners. It has a professional amateur to the experienced star watcher. If you see the Celestron telescopes, you will see that they are using the same components and basic logic which is used by the other telescopes.
The first Celestron telescope is the Firstscope that can be a challenge to those with little or no experience using telescopic equipment. There are some steps that you need to follow if you are going to use the Celestron telescope.
Install an eyepiece:
There are multiple types of the eyepiece that you need to know about. These are present with different strengths. Moreover, they are present with a different number and are high power numbers. You need to fix the eyepiece, unscrew the thumbscrews on the outside of the focuser, insert the desired eyepiece, and tighten the screws.
Point your telescope:
If you want to move your telescope you first need to loosen up the screws and nut which are present at the base. Make sure to tight the screws fully to make them tighten. This will also help you to fix your telescope and pointed in the desired direction.
Focus your telescope:
This is important to set your telescope at the desired place. If you have placed the telescope in the desired direction. The next step is to focus your telescope. This will be going to happen if you look through the eyepiece and turn the knob which is located just below the eyepiece.
Turning clockwise focuses farther than the current focal level, while counterclockwise focuses closer.
Change your magnification level:
You can change the magnification of the telescope once you have focused on your desired object. You can change the magnification by the eyepiece. To determine the magnification level of your view, divide the focal length of your telescope by the focal length of the eyepiece. For example, a 400mm telescope with a 20mm eyepiece results in 20X magnification.
Find the field of view:
You must need to determine the field of view if you are looking at the size of the area of an object. This is important to find the relative size of the area. You can do this by dividing the apparent field of the eyepiece with the magnification level. Make sure to select the printed side to magnify. Fields of view are rendered in degrees and can be used to help determine the actual size of the object viewed.
There you have known about the process that how to use a telescope. There are different type of telescopes which need to use differently. This will help you to see the object more clearly. The most important things are to know about the magnification of the telescope.
This is also important to know about the field of view this will help you to see the size of the object. Celestron telescope is another type of telescope which has the best use to see the object with clarification.
Read Also: How to make a telescope